Sunday 27 March 2016

Two in two days!

I go AWOL for a couple of weeks then here I am sharing another make - post number 2 in 2 days - must be a record for me!
We are in the middle of thunderstorms and heavy rain/sleet and I got fed up catching up with the ironing so sat down at the crafty desk...

The lovely Loll is so encouraging (but sickeningly talented!!!!!) and her takes on the 'smooshing' technique made me want to have a go.
You may remember that when I posted my first effort HERE I said I had made a mess with another piece using different colours.

The 'spoilt smooshy' was left on the desk and today I chopped off the 'bad bit' which left me with this piece big enough to go on a 5 inch square card! 

The pretty Cosmos stamp is from Technique Tuesday and is NBUS so am showing this to Darnell!

Embossed with white then coloured using a mix of Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio DI's, adding a bit of Golden Malachite and Golden Pear Cosmic Shimmer to the inks as I went along - the finished result is lovely and shimmery which doesn't quite show up in the pic - but am pleased with it (for a change!!)

I used the 'Thinking of You' sentiment as I thought it could perhaps be used as a sympathy/condolence card as well as a general note card.

Challenges -
4 Crafty Chicks - CAS
Addicted to CAS - Delicate
Fantasy Stampers - In the Springtime (I think Cosmos are Spring flowers??? LOL)
Addicted to Stamps - A/Goes
OSAAT - A/g with Embossing


Hope you are all enjoying Easter, thanks for calling in - appreciate any comments you leave. x

21 comments:

brenda said...

Love the fusion of blues and greens Viv, is that weather heading our way I wnder ?

Wishing you a lovely Easter Sunday.

B x

Carole said...

This is absolutely beautiful Viv!! I adore those colours and that stamp done in white...super.Happy Easter to you and yours...roast beef here today...smelling good...mustn't forget the yorkshire puds!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Viv. It's so fresh and clean looking and the colours that you've used are fabulous. I love the white embossing too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

Loll said...

This is really beautiful Viv!! Love your smooshed background. And it's perfect with your pretty white embossed flowers with more saturated colours added. Great job!! xx

Pia S said...

Beautiful colors, good thing you kept this piece of failured smooshing, turns out it wasn't:) love that flower stamp too, I could do with something like this in my stash.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Viv
Dianne xx :)

Kathleen said...

Stunning, love it.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creative and love the image colours.xx
 {aNNie}

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a stunning card and I love the effect you have achieved on the background. It definetly wasn't a disaster.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Fantasy Stampers.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Sarn said...

LOVE this card Viv. It's perfect.

Told you ironing was bad for you!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mimi said...

A stunningly elegant creation and so professional, I just love this :) Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this fortnight. Hugs Jane xx

coops said...

So stunning Viv.The flowers and colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Aileen said...

Stunning, so well done. Just love the use of the same colour range throughout the whole card, perfect.

Linby said...

WOW! It's beautiful.

Tanja said...

love those flowers and the pretty color combo - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More

Joan said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the smooshed background, the pretty colours and the lovely stamp

Joan


cm said...

You've transformed your 'spoilt smooshing' (I gave up on that technique; even Loll's wonderful videos couldn't help me! Epic failures every time...sighhh) into a stunning beauty! Those colours...that floral image...the layout...LOVE it all! Thank you for sharing your creativity and artistry in the ATSM gallery!
~carol

Nance said...

Your "bad" or spoilt piece turned out to be fabulous! Very pretty! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week! Nance, GDT

Barb said...

Well you may have sat on it for a while but you certainly ended up with a beautiful card. That is a lovely flower stamp too. Barbxx

MaryH said...

I'm so glad you saved the smooshed piece, because this certainly resulted in a super stunning card! Love the white stamping and coloring over top of the smooshing, it looks just fabulous. You're right, Loll is so skillful & such an inspiration. Love her to bits! Darnell is another just like this, and YAY for you at using a NBUS. Well done, and I'll bet the 'bit you didn't like' looked really good too. TFS & Hugs.

Julie B said...

Fab, love those colours and the cosmos image, just bought some seeds to brighten up the borders.
Thanks for sharing at Fantasy Stampers. :)