Sunday 20 December 2015

CAS Snippets

Another Christmas card to share - and another made with a few left over pieces.

I drew a sketch and saved it into my drafts file so it is likely that this is a card similar to one I saw previously somewhere.

You can tell from the pic quality that once again it has been a grey overcast day here - although when I dragged myself out of bed this morning the sun was shining... didn't last long but it was nice to see even for a short while!

Simple card this - script stamped onto a scrap piece in grey Versamark then cut out with a nestie die, sponged over the edges with Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters DI.

Holly is one of my fave Christmas dies and added some red bling! (Cos it's Christmas!)

Quite like the clean look of this and even with the bling think it's OK for a man - hope so 'cos that's where it's going!!!!

Challenges -
Sweet Stampin - Merry Christmas
The Male Room - Christmas
MTTC - Last Minute Christmas
Glory of Christmas - Anything Goes
Pixies Snippet Playground

We spent yesterday cooking serving (and washing up) Christmas Lunch for 35 at the Club. I was on my feet for almost 11 hours solid so am REALLY suffering today - my legs feel like ton weights and like they don't belong to me!
The tree was supposed to be getting put up today but neither himself or I could summon the energy.............we're really busy over the next 2 days so said tree likely won't adorn the lounge until Wednesday! At least it'll be there in time for Christmas Eve!

Thanks for sparing the time to call in to day. Appreciate it. x

20 comments:

brenda said...

I'm here to talk about craft only Viv !!!!!!!!!!!! Another elegant card and it's a lovely holly die, PB I think or at leasr one very similar.

If I am not by again beforehand which is likely as away from Tuesday until Boxing Day, have a good Christmas and rest those weary feet.

B x

Donna said...

Beautiful card. x
Wonder if you live in the UK? We've had everything from sunshine to torrential rain AND anything in-between today!

Carole said...

Fabulous CAS card Viv and very suitable for either gender. I gather the Christmas fairy hasn't visited your place either and helped out....that's what happens when we are good and capable...she bypasses us! Just hope Santa realises how good we have been! Hope the feet recover...sounds like a marathon cook to me!Hope you got to eat some! I wish you and hubby a very Happy Christmas and New year...and a good rest! Take care xx

Irish Cherokee said...

I love the simplicity of the card and think it is a great design. I like it. Well done Viv. Sounds like you are ready for some down time. Smile. Have a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
JIm

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Viv

Anne

Kathleen said...

Great CAS card and love the dies and the red gems really stand out.
Got my tree down last week, it has built in LED lights and so far that is all it has got on it, and I think it will stay that way, only switched the lights on once, no dec's up and I don't know what it up with me as I love all the dec's and a lovely trimmed tree.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Viv, Sounds like you will be looking forward to a well earned rest at Christmas.
Yvonne xx

Jackie said...

Simple is good, and this is lovely.
I don't know where you get your stamina from, you are always on the go!!!
I hope you manage to find some peace and tranquility for Christmas :o)
Jackie xx

Pat said...

What a fantastic effort Saturday Viv and obviously very tiring! Your not alone I haven't put the tree up yet and have been known not to do it til Christmas eve though hope it will be sooner this year. I love your card and I have die envy as I adore that PB holly die but doesn't seem to be available any longer. x

Sarn said...

Wonderful looking card & congrats on your marathon lunch sesh. Hope you manage to get the tree up in time!

Merry Christmas to you.

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Di said...

Wow Viv, this really is beautiful and certainly a design to CASE. Very classy looking!

Rest those weary legs chick - and wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a great year in 2016.

Hugs

Di xx

Canonbury creations said...

Fab CAS card Viv, love that die. Hope you have a great Christmas, tree or not!!
Val x

pinky said...

Its very beautiful Viv, perfect cas design.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Viv..... Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year.
Hugs Wendy xx

Gibmiss said...

Gorgeous card... Viv..
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rocky said...

Thank you for joining us at TMR with your lovely card. A great use of leftovers.

Mrs A. said...

Beautifully CAS card and looks elegant to boot. Hugs Mrs A.

Cass said...

Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

AlisonC said...

Wonderful card, I really like that inky script background and the die is beautiful with just the right amount of bling.I hopeyou have had a chance to rest those legs by now. It used to be traditional to put the tree up on Christmas eve so you're fine!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the card - I like the way the holly frames the scripty die cut. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at The Male Room. Hope to see you again next year.