Wednesday 9 April 2014

Tag

Having a rummage about in the lace baskets I found lots of odd bits which I haven't been able to bear to throw away - (I was obviously a squirrel in a former life) - I dragged out a few scraps and left them out on the desk  as I have had this idea rattling round in my head and wanted it all to 'come together' before I made a mess of making something -
- and the reason why I didn't want to spoil anything is the centrepiece - it was made by the lovely Caz and it came with fab candy stash which I was fortunate enough to win!

Originally I didn't want to use either of the two gorgeous hand made brooches from the candy pile - they're just too beautiful but it seemed a shame not to - at least this way the tag can sit out on display in my craft room and be seen!
So thank you Caz - and I hope I've done your creation justice!

I inked the tag with Old paper, Vintage Photo and Worn Lipstick DI, then randomly stamped some script over it. (Can't see this very well on the pic but trust me it's there!)

I covered the whole of the tag then with some old lace which had a fancy edge and stitched it, then just added more and more odd scraps, stitching them all as I went along.

The brooch was then pinned to the centre and I cut out a vintage pic and popped it into a metal frame, covered it with Glossy Accents and stitched to the base of the tag.

The 'believe' was another scrap found in the lace basket and I raised it up slightly by arching it before stitching the ends. Used some seam binding ribbon and more odd lace looped through the top.

Am putting this into Pixies Snippets Playground this week to earn some brownie points for using up odds and ends!

Thanks for taking the time to call in today - have a great day whatever you're doing.x

Other Challenges -
Creative Moments - Girly
Clear it Out - Anything Goes with Stitching
Fantastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
All Crafts - Anything But a Card
Glitter n Sparkle - Pearls and Lace
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything But a Card
Crafty Hands - Shabby Chic
Fairies Challenge - Vintage
Pile It On - Feminine

38 comments:

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful tag Viv, so glad you can use the flowers.
Hugs
Caz x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous tag Viv, the details and additions look beautiful.
Yvonne

Irish Cherokee said...

Simply Gorgeous Tag. Vintage and then some.

Often have something rattling around my head too. Usually just some old dried up thoughts lost in all that empty space. LOL.

Blessings
Jim

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous hun love it thank you for sharing with us at Clear it out and very good luck - I also have blog candy on my blog if you fancy a peek - have a good day love Judith x
http://judithsadorablecreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Karen Dunbrook said...

really gorgeous...so many wonderful details...

Sue said...

Gorgeous Tag Viv,I would be hard pushed to give this up too.
Hugs Sue

Unknown said...

Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge.and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge
XX

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful Viv! Too right you should keep it on display. The flower is beautiful and goes so well with the lace and cameo. LOVE it, can you tell?

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

I need my eyes testing, the cameo is a picture!

xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous viv..... Stunning....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning Viv, sorry have missed some of your amazing cards, love the Vintage one below too ...xx

michele said...

Fabulous tag! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Suze Bain said...

Ooh Viv, this is just gorgeous! Xx

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

I'm simply speechless! This tag is breathtaking! What an awesome way to use up your odds and ends! Thanks for sharing your special project with us at Pile it On this week! Good Luck!
Tracey, DT

Unknown said...

wow that is a corker of a tag! so very pretty! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Canonbury creations said...

Absolutely stunning Viv, such a lovely idea to display these beautiful embellies and lace:)
Val x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful vintage tag Viv love your pretty lace

Anne

Jan said...

Wow this is fabulous xx Jan

Wendy said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous Viv,love everything about it...What a stunning creation to have on display in your craft room :)
Wendy xx

Paper Junkie said...

Such a gorgeous tag Viv - must have a look in my odds and bods box but doubt if I could come up with such a fab design. X

Sandra Wright. said...

Stunning Tag, a lovely entry in to our challenge at CraftyHands x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, stunning tag :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

OMG - that is SOOOO luscious. Utterly lovely Viv. Vintage is something I'm no good at! You've done a superb job - I would've made a dog's dinner of all those elements.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow wow wow Viv, this is truly stunning and loving all that lace!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

miniheather said...

Stunning love it its just beautiful love colours to

Unknown said...

Stunning tag, love it. Thanks for playing along in our latest challenge over at Creative Moments.

Unknown said...

Stunning tag, love it. Thanks for playing along in our latest challenge over at Creative Moments.

Teresa said...

Beautiful tag - the lace and pearls are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments this time - good luck x

Elizabeth said...

Such a beautiful tag - love the brooch centrepiece and it's a great way to use up bits of treasured lace. Elizabeth xx

Pat said...

What lovely lace and pretty brooches. This is just too gorgeous Viv. It will look lovely out on display in your craft room. x

Diane said...

Gorgeous tag Viv what wonderful embellishments and design.

Hugs Diane

scrappymo! said...

This is so gorgeous! Love all your vintage looking details!

coops said...

so beautiful viv.gorgeous vintage cameo and i love your stunning flower and soft colours ;D

xx coops xx

Karen Petitt said...

OMGee Viv this is so very, very gorgeous! The thing I really like about it too is that you get to keep it. I know that sounds greedy but if it was a card I would give it away but a tag like this would be permanently on display to look at for loads inspiration - it's quite simply gorgeous Karen xx

Carol L said...

This tag is a one-of-a-kind phenomenal creation! I love the vintage look of it's beauty! Awesome work!!

Laura W said...

This is lovely, so pretty. I really like all the lace :) Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out challenge blog. See you Tuesday for a new challenge :)

Anonymous said...

What a clever and beautiful upcycled design! And it is more than girly. Thank you for joining in at the Creative Moments Challenge. Leona x

alex said...

A very beautiful vintage creation, thank you for playing at Creative Moments, hope to see you again soon
{Creative Moments Owner}
Alex x