Monday 28 April 2014

Grungy?

Second offering from me today (the first is my Crafty Cardmakers DT post below - which doesn't really count as a post as it was scheduled!!)
My ardent followers will know that I've been making a mix of card styles recently but particularly some CAS cards for the 'pink box' because of high postage costs. I've been following the CAS challenge blogs and managed to enter a few - this is another.

Addicted to CAS this week has a challenge of 'Grunge'.

I don't think I'm a  CAS Grunge person! I really struggled as in my mind this theme is for canvas and stuff where you can chuck lots of mixed media bits at it!
 Anyway I gave it a go so any comments/tips/criticisms you have I will gratefully accept!

Just a mixture of splatter stamps inked with Adirondack Stonewash and Latte Inks and the wheels were Brushed Cordorouy DI.
Stonewash also used on the sentiment stamp
Matted onto co ordinating coloured paper before mounting onto the card.

Pleased with the overall look of it and don't think it looks too bad and with the added bonus of it being unembellished it will fit the bill of 'not too expensive to post'!!

Other Challenges -
Lexis - Masculine
Eclectic Ellapu - Birthday
Sentimental Sundays - CAS
OSAAT - Anything Goes
Without Words - For a Man
Sweet Stampin - No DP
Pile It On - Stamping

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card today and if you've left a comment I appreciate it! x

25 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful stamping with a wonderful steampunk feel.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sharla said...

I think your CAS card turned out great!! I love the colors and the spatters!! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!! :)

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Viv,love the grunge look.xxx

Irish Cherokee said...

A bit different for you but I like it. I confess I do not know what steam punk is but I do know this card has great eye appeal and is well balanced.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

It's a fab card Viv, I wouldn't have a clue where to start! Susan x

Sarn said...

Hi Viv - well this is right up my street and I think you've done a marvellous job of going grungy and splatty and coggy!

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Viv -I know you said that grunge isn't really your thing, but you really nailed it(as they say on X-factor!) Love the splatters and cogs - great mix of colours too.
Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS - hope to see you there next time!
Sylvia x

Anita in France said...

What a great colour combo, Viv ... a fabulous take on Grunge! Thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

Kathleen said...

I think you have done a dam good job, far better than I could do, I am not a fan of this type of card.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

It looks great Viv and I agree about the postage being an issue.
Yvonne x

Hazel said...

I think it looks great, grungy and CAS. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Unknown said...

I love it - I am quite liking the splodgy ink look - I have some SU stamps that give the same feel - Fab colour cobo too!

Jackie said...

Two fabulous cards Viv, both so different but both so beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Viv - like the colours you've used on this card and it definitely has a bloke-y feel to it! Love the steampunk cogs and the lovely sentiment script. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time, and for bearing with our Linky issues!
Helen x (DT)

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh Viv, I love this card. So CAS and yet just the right amount of stuff going on. I love the splatters and the double-matting. Great job.

Thanks for playing along with us this week at One Stitch at a Time in our Anything Goes challenge. Good luck.

Lynn, OSAAT DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun grunge card! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

Chris said...

It's a great look! CAS and grunge is difficult but you've pulled it off! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Love the splatters on this great card!

Thank you for participating at Sweet Stampin' this week!

Carol Willis said...

Well done! I think this turned out wonderfully. Love it Viv.
Hugs
Caz x

Anne Lise said...

Nice card :) Thanks for joining our challenge at OSAAT. ~ Anne Lise ~

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Thank you for joining us at OSAAT with you CAS card. I think it's perfect with the brown and blue tones and that is a gorgeous sentiment stamp too. Jennie

Deepti said...

This looks fun and different :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

Lee said...

Really pretty.x

coops said...

Stunning male card Viv,I love the cogs and colours and fab grunge style.Thanks for joining us at Without Words :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Your card is a fabulous example of good old stamping, perfect for our challenge at Pile It On. Thank you for joining in and don't forget to check on Wednesday who is the winner.
Hugs,
Anna xxx