Thursday 28 November 2013

Soothing Scene?

I received an order yesterday for a lot of Christmas cards - and all for ages of teenagers to babies... I am now in Christmas overload and at risk of becoming even more 'bah humbug' than I usually am - so I took a break from the cutey, organza ribbon, red/green/gold/silver/pink/lilac/blue snowmen/teddies/Santa cards and went for something which (I hope) is 'gloomy and soulful!!!! LOL
 A fellow blogger posted something similar to this some time back and said that they had used Distress Inks on watercolour paper  - it was one of those things that I put in my mind marked 'to try'!

After a couple of less than successful (downright awful, if I'm truthful!) attempts where my blending left a lot to be desired, I finally managed to produce something which didn't look like something had splodged all over the place.

I think the 'hill' could have done with being a more grey or brown shade but decided to use the inked piece anyway to make into a sympathy/get well/thinking of you card.
Stamped the bullrushes using Versafine ink.
Matted onto black card and then layered onto some textured linen lemon card - one piece of which I ran through the 'diamonds' embossing folder.
Not too bad! I enjoyed the technique and no doubt will practice some more - (once I have done the Christmas stuff!!!!)

Challenges -
Crafter's Cafe - Anything Goes
Lady Annes Last Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Created with Love - Sympathy

Almost forgot - a big thank you for everyone who commented on my recent makes - and of course those of you who were inspired by my DT cards to enter the challenges!
Off to see what you've been up to now as dear husband has just arrived with a cup of coffee for me! xx

23 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your scenic card Viv great colours

Anne

Netty said...

Your card is beautiful and I think you deserve a medal for taking orders for christmas cards Viv, hugs Annette x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous cards... Love the background you have created.... Gorgeous....
Hugs Sylvie x

Sue said...

This is stunning Viv. The colours looks amazing and I love the CAS design.
Sue xx

Pat said...

This really is beautifully moody and misty, the colours are lovely and the silhouette bullrushes finish it off perfectly.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,great scene and colours.xxx

Suze Bain said...

Hi Viv, know how you feel, I've done 3 school fairs and got one more to go - ho, ho, ho! Your card reminds me of a misty scottish loch and I love how you did the CCM card. Good luck with your mammoth card making frenzy! Xx

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous peaceful scene. You deserve a medal for taking order for Christmas cards.
Yvonne x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous inking Viv - love the atmospheric scene you created. Absolutely gorgeous!
Sylvia xx

Shirley said...

Rather you than me with the C C's Viv I'm one of those bah humbugs when it comes to making them.

Glad you enjoyed your little play around before you start it is a very elegant looking card.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Jackie said...

A wonderful card, your blending looks good to me :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Viv, this is stunning really atmospheric! Susan x

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Viv.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Chris Hanselman said...

Lovely card. Love the image and embossing. Thanks for joining our Missing You/Symapathy Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

annesyme said...

Stunning card Viv, very atmospheric and reminisent of the Scottish highlands.
Anne x

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh this is beautiful, love your card.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges this week.
Linda K. DT

Viv said...

What a great little scene Viv, love it :) Viv xx

caroline said...

Great card, love the scene you have created, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges.
Caroline dt

Lisa Mensing said...

You did a gorgeous job! It's beautiful. Makes me want to try it! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

Bridie said...

Oh this is beautiful!

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have a lovely Sunday!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Sarn said...

Hi Viv . . . this is just BRILLIANT. I love it. Very soothing!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Mau xx said...

Its beautiful Viv, Love the colours and it makes a perfect thinking of you Card.
I must admit to finding Watercolour painting ten times easier than inking...lol But I will stick at it as I love inked backgrounds.
hugs Mau xx

coops said...

so stunning viv.your scene is beautiful ;D

xx coops xx