Wednesday 19 December 2012

Tag

I don't normally make many tags for presents - mainly because we don't buy or exchange a lot of presents at Christmas! So apart from a few close friends and each other there's not a lot of call for tags (or wrapping paper!) LOL
Over the last couple of years OH and I have not exchanged presents either but this year we thought we would just buy each other one little token - OH already knows what he's getting 'cos he sent me the link to order it!!! (Otherwise I'd have definitley bought the wrong thing!) - And he says he still wants it wrapped up so he can open it on Christmas Day.. so I had to buy a whole roll of wrapping paper for this present that measures about 10" by 8"!!!!
In honour of the wrapping paper (which is Kraft based) I made this tag to go on it.

Kraft tag stamped with a music script then gold embossed round the edge. It was a bit daft stamping the entire tag then covering it but I wasn't thinking at the time......doh!

Script paper distressed, embossed and layered on top.

Gold spiders webby stuff ripped and stuck on right hand side and a metal poinsettia corner attached.

The vellum greeting is from a Papermania set I bought last Christmas (and never used - no change there then) and I glued on a couple of snowflake buttons.

Stamped the Father Christmas image onto Kraft paper then cut it out. I painted it using Distress Inks and used a white gel pen dotted onto the beard and hair then rubbed it in with my finger before it dried.  

I punched a hole in the top of the tag and threaded through some ribbon and attached this beautiful vintage cotton crochet 'star' with a Christmas brad.
The fabric metallic reindeer is from my stash and I finished the tag with some vintage cotton lace along the bottom edge.

Challenges -
Crafters Cafe- Tags
Crafty Creations - Seasonal Tags
Frilly & Funkie - Make a Tag
Little Red Wagon - Christmas Tag
The Pink Elephant no 179 - Holiday Tags
Sentimental Sundays - Christmas Tags
Craft Room - Make a Tag
Holly Jolly - Vintage Christmas

Hope you're all not getting too stressed out about Christmas - as we don't have to worry about anyone else but the two of us our Christmas is traditionally quiet  - 
but we did put up some lights outside yesterday and have put a tree on the landing in front of the window so it can be seen from the lane! 

Oh and please say hello to my little friend who stands 3" tall and changes colour when my PC is switched on....
 

24 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Hello Viv's little friend and Viv, I think your tag is gorgeous, I have been so taken by everyone's beautiful tags this year that I am thinking of making embossed white Christmas cards next year with tags inside just so I can play along. xx Flora

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag love the design and hello Mr Snowman. Caroline xxx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tag Viv and hello to your little friend, so cute.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Wendy xx

Desire Fourie said...

Viv what a beautiful vintage tag. Gorgeous textures. Oh and your friend is so cute.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

Rosanne said...

Beautiful tag! So vintagey! Thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon!

Lisa Norris said...

Such a gorgeous tag...I love the sentiment on vellum! We also have a tag challenge going on at Pink by Design, and we'd love if you'd enter your tag. :)

http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/12/17/tag-youre-it-challange-monday/#.UNK-Z28UW88

Jackie said...

Wonderful tag, love the colours. Love that little snowman too, he's cute. I enjoy a quiet and peaceful Christmas too. Apart from Christmas morning at my daughter's I love to just 'do my own thing' knowing that I don't have to go to the shops or anywhere in particular or watch the clock LOL.
Jackie xx

Jules said...

What a wonderful tag Viv .. .. hope your hubby realises how lucky he is to be receiving this.

Personally I wouldn't have bought wrapping paper especially. I would have stamped onto brown paper .. .. which is what I am hoping to do next year.

Hope you are having a good week and are managing to get all those last minute Christmas things sorted.

Love Jules xx

Meggymay said...

Hi Viv and little friend.
Its a gorgeous tag. love all the details.
Yvonne x

Jan Hennings said...

Love this! What beautiful colors!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous tag Viv I like everything about it!!! I like your wee snowman he is sweet.
Kevin xx

Paper Junkie said...

I do hope your husband appreciates your gorgeous tag. We too prefer a quiet time but I do love my tree and bits and pieces that come out each year. Loving your little snowman. Don't usually go in for outside lights but this year I am going to decorate my potted bay tree that sits by the front door. Found some lovely glass golden pears and a beautiful beaded jade green bird and with some tasteful tiny white lights it will be my version of a partridge in a pear tree! Just bought the veg for the community lunch for Christmas Day. That's it - I'm done now. X

An Occasional Genius said...

Sounds like a plan Viv but if I got that in my kitchen I'd have to sit on it to get me in as well!!! Oh wait that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea lol!

Love this gorgeous tag, I always intend to make them but feel slightly put off by the fact they end up in the bin after. That crocheted star is just beautiful. Enjoy your Christmas xx

coops said...

stunning tag viv.i love your vintage santa and really wonderful details.
your little snowman is so cute too :D

xx coops xx

Shea said...

Another lovely project. This tag is fabulous! I could just drink up all the vintage-y, distressed goodness, and the snowflake button and crochet embellie are the best! Love the brass pieces and the luscious ribbon, too. I've been tooling around your blog and have loved what I've seen. You may count me as your newest follower! Oh, and I love your little friend, too. I need to go find one to keep me company too, he's that cute!

Judy McKay said...

Stunning tag. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges this week. All the best to you this Holiday season and we hope you will join us again in 2013.

Koala T Crafts said...

What an authentical-looking vintage tag. Very detail intensive tag. Well done! It's a hit!
http://jensborrowedart.blogspot.com/

Ally said...

I luuuuv your tag and the story, so funny!!
We're having a calm Christmas too, with only one dinner out and the other days are just for me, hubby and our fur babies. Nothing fancy. Yummie "Raclette" (traditional Cheese food) and then a few episoeds of our beloved series "Castle", I am colouring images for my next year's Christmas cards and he is googling cars :o))) And Bailey in the meantime is trying to climb on either of us and furting along and looking innocent ("noooooooooo, it wasn't me")...lol!
Huggles, Alessandra

Debi said...

beautiful tag, love the Kraft and the ribbon, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Anonymous said...

I love the vintage look. Thank you for entering your tag in our challenge at The Crafter's Cafe Blogspot. It is very cute. We always hope that our entrants will return for follow-up challenges. Good Luck~Patti CCCB DT

craftyb said...

Your wee friend is so cute -love that he switches colours! Love your tag - lots of details to admire! Hope you both enjoyed your Christmas break. Delighted you could join us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

cass said...

Stunning tag, love it

Zoechaos said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed ignoring Christmas thanks! Love that you two also seem not to get carried away with it all.

But WOW what a sensational tag a real love token. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

Your tag is gorgeous, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.