Sunday 2 December 2012

Shabby Christmas

A warm welcome to my new followers  Carol, Caroline and Nikki- it's lovely to see you and thank you for visiting!

Have been on a bit of a whirlwind card make the last few days with the Christmas cards - hope I am now finished - !!! I am beginning to think I am sickening for something as it's not my usual style to be organised - normally I am 'last minute annie'...LOL (I may yet live up to that as I hate addressing the envelopes - so will probably end up leaving it for as long as humanly possible!!!!)
Most of my cards this year have been quite CAS but I have done a couple of more elaborate ones (only cos I got bored!)

Here's today's share -  which is all printed onto linen textured card stock.

 I used basic cream card and the background paper is I think from Papermania - cream with gold foiled spots...

I distressed the edges then added some WOW Ultra fine gold embossing powder randomly.

The  music paper got the same treatment!

I was a little less 'heavy handed' round the edge of the tag but embossed as much as I dared, popped in a gold eyelet and threaded some cream organza ribbon through it then used more ribbon and tied into a bow.

I used some gold stringy fabric type stuff behind the music print - have no idea what this is called!! And finished it all off with a couple of bronzey gems and a Christmas French Horn charm.

Challenges - 
Craftymess - Vintage Christmas
Fussy and Fancy - I Love Christmas
Sugar Creek Hollow - Distressing
Sisterhood of Crafters - Embossing
Jingle Belles - Anything Christmas Goes 
Sparkles Christmas Forum - Button or Bow
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

We had a real heavy frost this morning and it hasn't disappeared completely, but at least it's stayed dry! Thanks for calling in and if you've left me a comment I really appreciate you taking the time. x

35 comments:

Kim S said...

I love music on Christmas cards. The tree is gorgeous and the horn with the pop of red and green is a fabulous touch!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. This is stunning. Gorgeous design and beautiful colour. Love it.
Lots of love, Sandra xxxx

Darlene said...

Oh Viv this is just gorgeous! Vintage is my favorite design style and you did an AWESOME job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘EMBOSSING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Crafty Lark said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, love all the detail and smiled at the die cut music sheet (snap). I did have to cheat and print my envelopes this year for the postie's sake but I enjoyed your comment. xx Flora

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Viv

jacqui x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous vintage card Viv - love the music theme and the soft neutral shades. Gorgeous gold embossing too.

(I think the stringy stuff is probably "Webbed Ribbon" - comes in various colours and patterns).

Sylvia x

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card, I love it :o)
Mine are all written but it's the envelope addressing that gets me, I keep putting it off!!!
Jackie xx

Shelby said...

Maybe you're you came down with some kind of bug that's affecting your organization:)
Gorgeous and elegant Christmas card. Love the distressed edges and the golds look magnificent.

Shelby

lady jasmine crafts said...

ow this is fab thanks for joining us at crafty mess xx

Caroline said...

I love this card it's gorgeous the layout is beautiful as is the design. Caroline xxx

annesyme said...

Beautiful card, I love the music paper horn tag and ribbon. All laid out beautifuly.
Anne x

SandeeNC said...

Beautiful card, and I love the embossing and that linen paper! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card....lovely details and distressing.xxx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, love the gold embossing. Could that material be the gold version of 'spiders webbing?'
Thank you for joining us over at SCH this week .
Yvonne

Penny said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the papers, the design the distressing, that great tag & Christmas tree & the fun embellies! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Netty said...

Terrific Christmas card Viv, its a combination of shabby chic and grunge and I love it. Annette x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful card Viv
luv
Debby

Jules said...

Hi Viv

Stop showing off!!!

It is enough you have that fabby craft space without having your Christmas cards finished too!! LOL!!!

Loving this one very much .. .. especially the tag!

such gorgeous colours and great distressing.

Now look at your list again and tell me you still have at least 20 more to make!!

Love Jules xx

coops said...

so stunning viv.i love your vintage design and gorgeous colours ;D

xx coops xx

Monica said...

Love the beige and gold colours. And the distressing and ribbon look lovely.
Monica xxx

Carol Willis said...

Stunning card Viv, just gorgeous. Love it.
Hugs
Caz x

Unknown said...

Love the Rrench horn on the music sheet, great designing and bow. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD magazine challenge:) Hugz

suzanne2 said...

beautiful, i love the papers and the gold inking.
thank you for joining us at fussy and fancy challenge blog

Darlene Lyons said...

I love all the gold! It really gives your card a rick look! Thanks for sharing it with us TTCRD!

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card live the music paper

Anne

Sandra Wright. said...

A beautifully vintage card,loving the soft colours and embossing....I love it.

Sandie x

Zippy said...

Gorgeous vintage card, love the colours xxx

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card! I love the vintage style! Thanks for taking part in the Sparkles Christmas 'Button or Bow' challenge xx

SandeeNC said...

Oh last minute Annie, you and I have a lot in common in seems, as I also hate addressing the envelopes...lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Viv said...

It's just fabulous Viv, love that shabby chic look :) Viv xx

Keti's Projects said...

Beautiful tag. I love this oldish colors.

Hugs from Slovenia, K

Daniele said...

such a wonderful creation, love the music elements so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs

TRACEY MO said...

This is gorjuss!!!

Beautful colourways, & embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at craftymess

Tracey dt

Sazzle said...

Congratulations Viv you've been hand picked as one of our top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy. Please pop over to the challenge blog to pick up your top 5 badge.

Merry Crafty Christmas

xx Sazzle xx

Shea said...

Gorgeous card w/tag! I don't do a lot of monochromatic projects, nor do I use white or cream very much, but THIS card has inspired me to do both! Love all the distressing, and the gold embossing around all the edges sets the distressed edges off to perfection. The embellies are perfect finishing touches. Congrats on your win at F&F - totally deserved!