Monday 3 September 2012

Happy Monday! It's a gloriously sunny day here (summer has arrived at last!), so a quick post and then am off out to soak up some rays!
...... have you ever had an idea in your head then when you've put it all together it doesn't remotely resemble what you pictured in your head? This was one of those occasions.....
the 'man' card doesn't look anything like what I wanted it to but as I've constructed it, thought I'd better post it!

The Artemio stamps I bought a little while ago as I thought they were perfect for man/vintage cards - sadly my creativity hit rock bottom when I came to actually making!

The backing paper is by K and Co, the large compass/script collage stamp inked with several colours of Distress Ink and stamped direct to the backing paper, masking off the area where I was going to put the plane.

Plane stamped direct to paper with Sepia Versamark then stamped again onto a scrap of card, cut out and popped on with 3d pads.

Used Kraft paper for the suitcases, the sentiment is from an Inkylicious set and collaged some tiny postcards from a Prima paper stack.

I added a metal corner flourish, a TH disc secured with some string and a tiny camera charm which I tied to the handle of one of the cases.

Then I made the fatal mistake of thinking that the plane needed 'something'... couldn't decide what really and the glossy accents was in my opinion not a good idea...  maybe I would have been better stamping the plane in black ink rather than the Vintage sepia colour but hey ho too late now!!!!


Submitting this into the following challenges -
TIOT - Travel
Card Crafters Circle - For the Fellas
Squirrel and the Fox - 1 for the Men
Simply Create Too - So Old/Vintage
Hooked on Crafts - Cards for men

Hope the sun is also smiling down on you wherever you are! x

20 comments:

Jackie said...

it is very rare that my cards look anything like what I had envisaged LOL. This is beautiful, I love the earth tones :o)
Jackie xx

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Viv,
Thanks for playing in our For the Fellas Challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle, I really like how you have created this wonderful card, it's so creative...I love vintage collage !!!Inspirational!!
Hugs
Trish Munro

Always with a Sentiment said...

Oh how fabulous Viv and I love the words.
Love Sandra xxx

Ally said...

it looks perfect and very vintagy :o) love it. Hope you can enjoy some of the rare sun!
Hugs, Alessandra

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card, love the papers and stamping, great details as well. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's
Yvonne x

Maureen said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with this - love it!!

Anne-Marie said...

Fantastic male card...so much goin' on to delight the eye, but not at all fussy...love it! Lovely to see you link it up at our challenge at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck!

zandra said...

Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Evil Edna said...

that is wonderfully textured, love it. Thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

Mau xx said...

Mine are NEVER what I set out to do Viv ....lol
This however is superb Love the Colours and vintage look.
Hugs Mau xx

Jules said...

Hi Viv

Lots of lovely elements on this one .. .. and I love the tiny camera tied to the suitcase!! Awww!!

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Teresa said...

This is brilliant Viv, I love all the metal bits but I really love those suitcases. Have a great day, Hugs Teresa xx

Carol Willis said...

Hi Viv
Love this, great vintage mans card.
Hugs
Caz x

Unknown said...

Fabulous stamping Viv love that background , a super design too all those fab details well done Hugs Elaine

Shelby said...

Very cool card! Love the stamp work and the luggage with the camera charm is perfect.

Shelby

HappyCrafter said...

Very cool card, and LOVE that charm!

MagsB said...

I really, really like this! The images are lovely (especially the plane!) and your colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox.

love Mags B x

Lee said...

Very creative,I love it.xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Viv, great masking and stamping.
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Viv: What a wonderful man card! Glad you could join in our Challenge #21 - "So Old/Vintage.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/