Thursday 23 August 2012

Mission Accomplished! (Twice!)

Once again I am back to using up paper stacks - why do we buy so many papers? I have enough papers to stock my own shop but still I buy them... even worse I have lately taken to buying digi paper packs too so now my PC's hard drive is also full of patterns!
When I bought this particular pad it was a 'simply must have' - I absolutely loved it - still do which is probably why I only used about 4 pieces from the 48!
I have today made 3 cards using it (Ella Blue by GCD) AND I have not kept the smaller snippets - they went straight into the bin as they're other things I never ever use up - now I am feeling very smug 'cos I accomplished using paper I have kept for no other reason other than it was pretty!
Will share the other ones at a later time but here's one of today's makes:-
I was the Guest Designer over at Try It On Tuesday for their last challenge and their current one is to follow a sketch so I used the sketch as a base for this card.

All the papers are from the same stack and the inside is co-ordinated to match.
The background damask style paper is actually flocked so there is a lovely textured feel and it's definitely 'strokeable'!
The brown script paper is heavily linen textured and I used some gorgeous lace (a present from Alessandra) - two different widths and colours of organza ribbon for the bow and popped a couple of pearl pins (the brown larger one was a present from Sassy) through both lace and bow.

The vintage dress form stamp is by My Mind's Eye and is part of their Lost and Found series. Stamped using Versamark Sepia ink, cut out with a Marianne die and the last of my brown pearls popped onto the middle.

I finished with three paper roses - (yes Maureen I finally managed it after you explained I was trying to roll them from the inside not the out!) - which were cut using another Marianne die.
I am submitting this into the September challenge over at Unique Crafters in the Card class. 

Other Challenges -
LEJ - Vintage
That Craft Place - Vintage
Craft Your Passion - Power of 3
Created with Love - 3 of a Kind.

Off to get the washing in before the rain - thanks for calling in!x


32 comments:

Sarah said...

Stunning card Viv. Love the pins.

Sarah x

PetraB said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The roses are perfect.

Stamps and Paper said...

Another stunning creation Viv..just love vintage colours

Anne

M said...

This is gorgeous, love the organza ribbon - I am sooo jealous of people who can tie a decent ribbon as mine are always so messy! M x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! Lovely DP and I love the whole vintage look!! hugs, Marlies

Evil Edna said...

beautifully put together piece, thank you for sharing it with us at TIOT. best wishes EE

Zoechaos said...

This paper thing is something I've done all my life its a serious stationary addiction used to buy letter set and used them all but the last piece those were saved for ever when I moved I had to be very tough with myself some of these treasured papers were donkeys years old!

Love your card and the wonderful distressed edges. XOXO Zoe

Mau xx said...

Stunning I adore the papers and lace is always a favourite with me Viv. Its Gorgeous!
Hugs Mau xx

Jan said...

I'm running out of words to compliment your cards Viv........this is super stunning (if that's possible!) xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi viv
Yes i' m the same that many pads .......
Your card is gorgeous ... Love the stamp..... I cant wait to see what i have bought and it will be piled up at my brothers ... Just arrived in the uk....
Stunning work as usual......
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Mrs.B said...

This is a beautiful card Viv, and lovely embellishments. I have those papers and just keep admiring them - need to use them!
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril xx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

This is beautiful. Love the vintage feel of it. Great job.
thanks for joining us at Created with love Challenges.
Linda

Shelby said...

Aren't you a good little crafter actually using gorgeous papers instead of mooning over them!!! Someday I'll get there too:) Gorgeous vintage creation. Love your bow work and the lace is gorgeous.

Shelby

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. Absolutely gorgeous. I just love the papers, great design to show off the image. Love the addition of the lace and ribbon, pretty flowers too.
Thanks for sharing at Created with love.
Sandra x

craftin-dawn said...

Very preatty...love the paper as well!! Thanks for playing along with us at Created With Love Challenges
DawnD

Carol Willis said...

Gorgeous card Viv, love the image, pretty papers, gorgeous embellishments and fab layout.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Andrea W said...

FABulous card! I love the neutral colors. Thanks for playing along with Created With Love Challenges.

Chris said...

Stunning card, Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs. Chris xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv, love it.
Enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

Meggymay said...

Awesome card Viv, love your paper roses.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

Oh My Viv this is so beautiful a fantastic creation Hugs Elaine

Mrs A. said...

Pretty paper. csan see why you wanted to hoard erm kepp it!!! I posted you Sea Glass off to you yesterday. Hugs Mrs A.

Lee said...

Really Beautiful.Hope all going well for you.hugs xx

gobarb26 said...

I love your vintage card! It is beautifully done and the colors of the bows are great!

DT Member CWLC

Vee Cassidy said...

Dear Viv what a totally beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at LEJDesigns this week. Good luck and hope to see you back again. Vee xx

Anonymous said...

wow viv such a stunning card love all the detail Tracy x

Ally said...

it's so wonderful, Viv! The lace s perfect for this pretty card and I love the vintage style!
Hugs, Alessandra

annesyme said...

Stunning card Viv, I love everything about it.
Anne x

scrap joanny said...

perfect card for us challenge- thank so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

Maureen said...

I'm proud of you girl!!!

HappyCrafter said...

Gorgeous! Great ribbon treatment and flowers.

Laney said...

Gorgeous card hun!! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place
hugs
laney