Sunday 15 July 2012

Cold - and not just the weather

From the post's title you might have deduced that since Wednesday night I have been full of an absolute stinker of a cold... I very rarely get colds (about one a year) but boy oh boy when I do, they're of the type that just knock you off your feet - raging headache, throat feels like someone is dragging barbed wire through it,face swollen cos my sinus are blocked, unable to breathe and generally feeling like I've been run over by a bus!  Other than that I'm fine!!!!!!!!! LOL

Consequently I have not felt in the least bit like making anything or blogging so in true 'Blue Peter' tradition - here's one I made earlier!

This was a commissioned card which I finished at the beginning of the week for a 90th Birthday. Same gate fold design as a previous post with a different colour background. I finally mananged to get a good embossing 'sandwich' with this Marianne 'Anja' die and it looks just like lace in real life!
I like this shade of purple - it highlights the embossing enough without being too overpowering.

I made the flower again using my blossom nestie set and mounted it onto a nestie Fancy Tag.

I had a bit of a rummage round the inky stuff - a long long time ago OH bought me a complete set of Whispers pads in a storage caddy - and there looking at me were a couple of ink pads in purple shades - I thought they may well have been long dried out but as luck would have it, some of them are still Ok enough to get a wee bit of colour from them. This one was called Rio Purple.
I sponged it onto both sides of all the flower petals before making up the flower and onto the punched out butterflies. then just ran it lightly over all the embossed bits. Couple of lilac pearls (which were a challenge win) and a springling of Diamond Stickles down the butterflies bodies.
Inside I cut another fancy tag and sponged inside the die.

Made a box for it, ran the ink pad round the edge of the box and used up some of the discarded flower petals to make a smaller flatter flower with a lilac pearl in the middle for the box top.
Looks OK doesn't it? (at least I think it does!) 

It's not too bad a day here for a change - windy but at least it's dry - and I've managed to get some washing out on the line - am going to try and do my LIM challenge today - if I can stop sneezing and coughing for long enough!

Have a great Sunday whatever you're doing. x

Challenges -
Classy Cards and Such - Handmade Flowers (used Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2)
Ruby's Rainbow - Emboss It
Samuel Taylors - Card using Die Cuts - As always there's lots of lovely goodies up for grabs this month!

19 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Viv...love the details.xxx

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow Viv, I love your card very much, white is so stylish and chic, the contrast with the purple is stunning, Love this die cut very beautiful. Hugs.

Lynne said...

Wow Viv this is beautiful. I love embossing and this one is perfect. Love the pale purple of the flower and the inks you`ve used too.
Sorry to hear you`re unwell. There are some really nasty bugs about, hardly surprising really with the weather we`ve been having. Hope you feel better soon.
Lynne xxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv, this is stunning and what a gorgeous flower. I love the pretty design and the very delicate colours, just perfect.
I hope that you are feeling much better very soon.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

VIv sorry you aren't feeling well..summmer cold I always think are the worst...anyway you card is gorgeous

Anne

Netty said...

wow your card is gorgeous Viv and loving the pretty flower. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Annette x

Basslady said...

wow! this is a work of art!

very fantastic!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Carol Willis said...

Another gorgeous card Viv. Love it! Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care
Hugs
Caz x

June Nelson said...

Aw bless you , you poor snotty nosed soul!!! lol, it hasnt affected your card making any Vivvy its gorgeous me darlin huggies June xxxx oh and Ido hpope your on the road to recovery now sweets xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PetraB said...

OMG, this is absolutely gorgeous and so precious!

Jackie said...

That sounds more like tonsillitis than a cold! I hope you are better now...hugs.
Your card is stunning, great use of the anja corner die and wonderful colour combo :o)
Jackie xx

shaz earl said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Emboss It * challenge
Hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv.
luv
Debby

Debbie said...

Wow, what a stunning masterpiece.The embossing is exquisite.Thanks for joining us over at Ruby's Rainbow.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

coops said...

wow this is so stunning viv.really pretty and detailed :D
i hope you are feeling better soon.

xx coops xx

Shelby said...

Wowee girl this is just so elegant and beautiful!

Shelby

Diane said...

Gorgeous card...so delicate and pretty!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Beverly Bohannon said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge

Unknown said...

How beautiful is this card , the design is fabulous and that colour wow .
Well done Hugs Elaine