Sunday 10 June 2012

Mono

Have been fiddling with this card for a few days! It's been one of those were I probably tried too hard to incorporate stuff instead of just making it the way I wanted - but - it is an order so the customer is always right - well not always (LOL) -but I thought I needed to make some sort of effort to put on SOMETHING that she wanted!
That said, I didn't do exactly everything although I did make it an easel card like she asked for - she said the 'birthday girl' liked music, did some beautiful cross stitch - oh and was the local methodist minister!
Not having any suitable images of lady vicars with dog collars I opted for the music and sewing theme.... wrong decision number 1. After a few attempts at incorporating both themes I decided to do only one - opted for sewing - wrong decision number 2! There are literally HUNDREDS of images of ladies with sewing machines, ladies sewing quilts but could I find ONE that just showed a woman cross stitching that I could use? NO!
The old music sheet paper was staring at me from the desk whilst I contemplated (well actually I was now beginning to get annoyed....lol) and I nearly succumbed and went back to pianos etc but  I found this silhouette from the Crafty Pad.

Printed it onto pearl cardstock, then clear embossed and layered onto a black scalloped oval. The spots on the backing paper have a wee bit of sparkle which I hope lifts the austerity of the monochrome a bit. I used the fancy oval die again too as a backing for the image.

The heavy white lace is one of my faves from my stash and I added a triple organza bow secured with a pearl buckle, a couple of die cut flourishes and some black, white and clear pins.

The roses were made from the same pearlised card.  
The sentiment was pc generated and I found this little cotton reel and silver thimble in a bag of unused buttons!
On the base I used the same DP, another die cut oval as a space for the greeting, a couple of pearls on the 'prop' and two more items from the unused button pack - a rather large lethal looking sewing needle (!) and a pair of scissors. 

Challenges -
Addicted to stamps - 1 or more pins
Robyn's Fetish - Add Lace
Just Some Lines - Black and White
CYDA - Bingo (Glitter/Lace/Pearls)
Card Crafters Circle - Monochromatic
4 Crafty Chicks - Monochromatic
Crop Stop - Monochromatic
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Flowers/Ribbon
My Mum's Craft Shop - Bingo (Flowers/Pearls/Die Cuts)
Truly Madly Crafty - Monochrome

As ever my desk is like the proverbial bomb site so suppose I'd better go clean up! But before I go I thought I'd share this with you - sent to me by fellow crafter Alessandra who saw them live (lucky girl) - just click on the link - hope you enjoy it. x
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usADINi17cI&feature=BFa&list=UUkfcMwocGcoeP5V3vJzH5nw

33 comments:

Veronica said...

WOW I love the black and white. This is so beautiful
Thank you for joining us at CropSTop Blog Challenge.
Veronica

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv I think your card is gorgeous and live the black and white theme

Anne

Carole said...

absolutely beautiful !

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous ,love the image...fab details.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful black and white card Viv, I like the embossing,the image, the lace and those pins.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

wel everything in lifes not black and white but this sure is,,,, and stunning it is too me luvverlie hug sassxxxxx

Tina said...

beautiful , lovely details...simply elegant...thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

debby4000 said...

WOW this is absolutely gorgeous Viv.
luv
Debby

Vicki Romaine said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Just Some Lines.

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Hi Viv - I just found your blog and you make the most amazng cards.

Caz

Jackie said...

Oh dear, decisions decisions.....
Wonderful card, and the thimble is a great addition :)
Jackie xx

Jules said...

Hi Viv

Thank you for the lovely welcome back to blogland.

I am now trying to catch up with everything I have missed .. .. and it is such a lot!! Everyone has been super busy .. .. and you have been hyper!!

So many fantastic creations and I love them all. You have a great style.

I think you have done really well with this order. Loving all your cute embellishments. I never know whether I prefer a brief or not when I get an order.

I have quite a list of "whatever you think" ones to do and I can't decide whether that is good or bad LOL!!!

Have a good week Viv and thanks for all your lovely comments. Get those snippets out and lets see you in the playground .. .. its great fun!

Love Jules xx

Jan said...

Oooh... what a load of 'pfaffing' but what a fantastic result. She's going to be thrilled with that. xx

Hannelie said...

That lace looks fantastic!
Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week!

Sarah said...

Your card is gorgeous. I'm sure your customer will be more than happy!

Sarah x

coops said...

So stunning Viv.I love the mono design and gorgeous details and image :D

xx Coops xx

Wendy said...

WOW! Stunning card Viv, love it.
Wendy xx

Jan said...

Fabulous card Viv xx Jan

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card Viv, love all the detail, clever:0) xxx

Jill said...

stunning card thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Ally said...

woooooooooooooow, viv, this is amazing!! really pretty! xoxo, Alessandra

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining our CropStop Challenge.

Tamie said...

Simply elegant! what a wonderful birthday card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Jennifer said...

This is really amazing! I love the image and your lace and flowers and pins and oh my the thimble was just the ticket! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our Monochromatic challenge!!

buglvr2010 said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Shelby said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful card! Love the thimble and the scissors and all of the die cuts...looks amazing

Shelby

Michelle Pearson said...

nice monochromatic piece...thanks for sharing it with CropStop!:)

Lisa Watson said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!

arjette said...

Oohh what a beautiful card!!!! Thank for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. arjette.

Teresa said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Viv, stunning! thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps Pins challenge. Teresa xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Viv, really striking.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
hugs Mandy xx