Wednesday 30 May 2012

Steamboat

I have decided I need more stamps. I definitely need more stamps. I do not have enough stamps. I don't have enough men type stamps. I have to buy some men type stamps....(as well as other stamps)
so I did.............and made this man card!
I used some black cardstock and stitched paper from the lovely Melissa Frances Fifth Avenue collection as the base for my card.  
I then layered another piece from the same pad and sewed again after distressing all the edges.


The stamp is by Stampendous and called Steamboat Ride. I like it a lot as I think it will be good for vintagey grungy type cards as well as CAS ones. I used Versamark ink and stamped the image onto a blue/grey paper from My Minds Eye which happily for me was a great colour match to the other papers!  I highlighted the waves with a white gel pen, distressed the edges and then stitched it onto the same black cardstock.


The two tickets were downloads - one is an admission ticket for the princely sum of one dollar for one person  for a 'Midnight Cruise on the Robert E Lee' dated May 29th 1882 - (how romantic a steamboat ride in the moonlight - hope the owner managed to find someone to share the moonlight with!) and the other is a poster for the Missouri River steamboat trips between St Louis and St Joseph.


I used some twine and a button from my stash and a couple of black pearl to embellish the card. The edges of the image were decorated with some punched out scraps and I popped a metal corner onto the top of the card to finish it all off.


I was a tad bothered that the black cotton may make the card dark and sombre but I think it worked OK - so I carried on the theme inside!
Challenges -
City Crafter - Ticket to Ride
Paperminutes - Maritime
Crafty Cardmakers - Distress It
Lexi's - For a man/boy
Simon says Stamp and Show - 1 for the Boys
Here Come the Boys - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Male theme
Chocolate/Coffee and Cards - 4 the Boys
Sisterhood of Crafters - Many Layers
Incy Wincy - Vintage
PaperShelter - Vintage


Its been another warm day here but not a lot of sunshine about so it's felt very sticky! I know there's been some heavy downpours elsewhere cos my friend rang me to tell me about her horrendous motorway journey in the driving rain! So wherever you are I hope you're dry (and warm!) and as always thanks for coming to see me! x

45 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous mans card lve those stams Viv

Anne

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card Viv, I agree you cannot have to many stamps. Love the image and all the details. thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

wow this is just perfet...really loving this and for a blokey card it sure fits the bill...or huckleberry finn....superb job me luvverly and all the tickets really fab and set it orff brilliantly ...hugs * lv sassxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darlene said...

GREAT job! Love the Steamship image and the tickets are the PERFECT embellishment! Fabulous design ... well done!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘THE GOOD OLE DAYS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Netty said...

Terrific collaged card and loving your new stamp, perfect. x

Unknown said...

Awesome image for a card, wow!

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, very masculine and I love the distressed look with the beautiful steamboat stamp. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our "Man/Boy in your Life" challenge!

Sylvia said...

Love your beautiful card and all the bits and pieces you added, Viv! So glad your are joining the challenge at the City Crafter this week.

Catherine said...

Fabulous male card....

Jackie said...

What a brilliant card, I love that image and your distressing is great :o)
Jackie xx

Deborah said...

That stamp was a good buy, Viv. A wonderful card.

June Nelson said...

Your sooo funny mad woman lol, now what was that you said you neede more of cos I dont think I got it pmsl. Brilliant card matey just love it and im dead jealous cos you know I dont do mens!!!!!! xx

Ros said...

Fabulous!!! This is just perfect for the challenge ... Thanks so much for playing at CCCB

Ally said...

wowzer what a lovely creation! some man will be very lucky to get it. I don't like creating men's cards!
Hugs, Alessandra

Heike said...

oh my god, this card is so beautiful - I love the style!

Thanks for joining paperminutes.

Hugs, Heike

Di said...

Absolutely fab card!! thanks for playing at HERE COME THE BOYS.
Good luck
Hugs Di
xxx

coops said...

fabulous male card viv.really stunning vintage image and design :D

xx coops xx

Shelby said...

One can never have too many stamps:)!! You've used this one perfectly to capture a great vintage feel and love those tickets. Beautiful work Viv

Shelby

M said...

Really lovely - there are so many perfect little details on this and that stamp is a gorgeous focal point! M x

Lynne said...

Hee hee I could have written the first few lines of your post Viv. Do you think we`ll EVER have enough stamps? Nah!
Your card is fabulous, I love it.
Lynne xxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Lol. more stamps needed !!!
Love this male themed creation, its fabulous Viv and I adore that stitched paper too
hugs June xx

My name is Cindy said...

Fabulous card - and we ALWAYS need more stamps!! Cinfy x

annesyme said...

Fantastic card Viv, I really love the steamboat stamp. It all pulls together very pleasingly.
Anne xx

craftysue49 said...

Wow this is a fantastic man's card Viv I love it ...You have designed it so well x

Mrs A. said...

I'm with you on this one Viv. I don't have nearly enough stamps either! Definitely need to get this one as it is super. The black stitching is a must on this card. Hugs mrs.a.

LeAnne said...

This is a totally awesome vintage card, I love all the tickets and steamship ephemera!

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Viv! Love the boat and the tickets. Perfect image choices. Thanks for playing in the Masculine challenge at Lexi's Creations this week and I hope we see your creative work again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Joanne said...

WOW! This is really an amazing vintage card for a guy! I mean it, I love all the details! The tickets you downloaded are perfect with your new stamp! And I hope you get more stamps and maybe even another stamp, and a few extra stamps, LOL!!! I know what you mean, and you can NEVER have too many!!! Thanx so much for joining us at CC&CC, paly along again soon. Aloha!

Unknown said...

Hi Viv ,
Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
Your mens card is stunning Viv wow , I must get that stamp,I have been on one of those steamers many years ago, Viv your work is fabulous, I love the sailor boy card with the cute Dog, your oriental screne card is fab and the easle baby card with that stripy bow is superb.
Great work well done ,
Hugs Elaine

georgina said...

WOW am loving this Viv luv Georginaxxx

Anonymous said...

stunning male card tracy x

Teresa said...

Ooh Viv I love this male card, the corner dies are great and the ship is a fantastic image. Thanks for joining in at Here come the boys, hope you have a great weekend, hugs Teresa xx

Maureen said...

Now this is my type of card - brilliant Viv, glad the stamp worked.( would it do for a lady card as well do you think - put a flower on it or something?????)

Patrice said...

Great card...I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-22.html

Unknown said...

What an awesome card. I just LOVE it.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Bente said...

Totally stunning card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenges this week.
Hugs, Bente

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Man Vintage card LOVE it!!

Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, we have a new challenge starting today so hope to see you there this week too!

hugs Samantha :0)

Debs said...

Gorgeous card, love your masculine scheme,
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Hugs Debs

cnelson said...

Beautiful!! LOVE that ship! The Airborne Toxic Event

Anne said...

Hi Viv what a stunning bit of distressing and a brilliant card too. Thanks for joining our Distress It challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week,
Hugs
Anne
x

bettieboop1uk said...

What a stunning card, I wouldnt want to give it away!

Unknown said...

You cant beat a bit of distressing ... fabulous! Thank you for playing along with the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... apologies for my rather late comment!

Feebsy said...

Love your card, the stamp is lovely and the tickets you found are perfect. I've got to agree you can never have too many stamps and I'm working on my men's collection too.

Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

CropStop said...

Congrats on your win at Lexi's! We here at www.CropStop.com all love your card. So masculine, but still showcases your talents at embellishments and layering. Way to go! We'll be in touch soon regarding your prize!