Saturday 24 March 2012

Totally Tropical!

Can you believe the temperatures? It's a gorgeous SUMMER's day here! It's ridiculously warm for March and I'm loving every second of it! So before I go outside to enjoy this fabulous sunshine I thought I'd post a card that's suitable for the weather......
This lovely Sugar Nellie image is called 'Summer'. Apt don't you think?!!!
I got her last year and this is the first time I've used her - (like a lot of my purchases....shhhhh)
The backing papers are from Summer Driggs' 'Flopsicle' collection (did someone mention 'summer' again.....LOL) and i layered them onto dark orange cardstock and stitched them all together.
I coloured 'Summer' with promarkers and used some distress ink for the pale blue sky background - which probably doesn't show up too well in the pic but has given the sky a lovely pale hazy colour.

The ribbon and pearls were from my stash and I am slowly depleting my challenge win flowers!

I used a gold coloured metal butterfly and thought the cocktail umbrella fitted perfectly!
The sentiment was a freebie from Rainbow Echo and I altered the colour using Serif, then cut out with a nestie and used a scalloped nestie to on the rest of the orange cardstock to make a frame.

The inside was co-ordinated using up the rest of the paper and a pearl buckle secured the ribbon scrap.

Challenges -
CardMadFairy - Use a Digi
Card Crafters Circle - Tic Tac Toe (Flowers/Digi/Die cuts)
I Love promarkers - 3 Different papers
My Mum's Craft Shop - Use a Digi
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything goes  
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything Goes
Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping in to see me today - appreciate your visits and comments - have a lovely day whatever you're doing - am now off out to enjoy the sun while it lasts!  x

32 comments:

Unknown said...

FAB image Viv gorgeous bright and sunny colours so fresh its lovely Hugs elaine

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I love the colours, papers and design. The image is gorgeous, and beautufully embellished too. I love this.
Have a lovely weekend.
Love Sandra xxx

Unknown said...

Wow Viv what a stunning card - so gorgeously summery hope you are well - heard from liz you visited her shop - how lucky I want to do that too xx Hugs Janet

Fiona said...

beautiful card and a gorgeous SN image!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Unknown said...

wow viv,,,,its brilliant..very apt for the weather its glorious down here too hugs sassxxxxxx

Monica said...

Love your cocktail umbrella pin and the metal butterfly. The flowers look perfect. What a sweet image.

Monica xxx

Natali said...

Gorgeous card. Love this monochromatic orange. Beautiful details. Great Job!!
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything Goes” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

georgina said...

WOW Viv, loving this its so happy, luv Georginax

Anne-Marie said...

What a gorgeous card! It's very summery here in Lancashire, too, so this suits my mood...haaa! I simply love every bit of it...and there's so much to see!
I'm so glad you linked up with Card Crafter's Circle this week, and please come again! Good luck!

Tracey T said...

What a gorgeous summery card, Viv. Love the colours and the great choice of embellies! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Deborah said...

Viv, this is fab!(as is the weather). I love the paper parasol and all that lovely orange.

Sheila said...

Viv, This is beautiful. Love the bright colours and the sentiments is perfect fro our challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days. You have a lovely blog here so I will be back soon to admire some more!! Sheila:)X

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I love the fresh colours, the image and the parasole.
Kevin xx

Sandra DeFalco said...

Wow, beautiful card!!!
Thanks for playing in our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #40, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

craftysue49 said...

Wow this is just so stunning ..the colours are fab .and i want that stamp ha ha ...x

Kim said...

Beautiful card! Love the details, especially the umbrella. Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Pauline said...

Hi Viv! This is so wonderful... I love your palette... so bright and cheery! Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!
hugs,
Pauline

Andy Llewelyn-Brinsley said...

Fantastic image and what a lovely card. I love the little cocktail brolly, I have one on my craft table which has sat there for months now! Guess I will be finding a way to use it now! thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ ProMarkers, good luck and hope to see you again real soon,Hugs 'n Stuff
Andy
x

June Nelson said...

Wow clever boots this is fabulous and I love your colour combo, that little touch of paprasol works brilliant ly too, were supposed to have the sun today so dont you go and pinch it!!!!! lol xxxxxxxxxx

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a wonderful sunny card, lifts the spirits :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

wow so stunning viv.really gorgeous zesty colours and i love the sweet image and fabulous details :D

xx coops xx

Gaynor Greaves said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the layout, marvelous, thanks for joining our let's get digital challenge at MMCS, good luck, Gaynor DT xx

Shelby said...

Oh this is just an amazing breathing taking card! Love the gold butterfly, the umbrella (makes me want to go sit on the deck with a drink and ignore the kids) and your coloring is fab! And the orange tones through just rock!

Shelby

Jennifer said...

This is just stunning! I love your layout and your fabulous colouring! Thank you for sharing with is at Card Crafter's Circle!

Jules said...

Hi Viv

Definitely tropical!!!

Love the colour combo and all the beautifully stitched layers.

Stunning image too .. .. she was clearly waiting for a gorgeous day to make an appearance.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Sandy said...

Oh my word - your creation is absolutely gorgeous. The colors are outstanding and I love the way you did your embellishments. Beautiful card for sure!
Sandy

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

So stunning! Love the papers, colours, layout, image....everything! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog Challenges. Good Luck. Hugs, Jill (DT) x

Jenée said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card. I really like the image, and the orange works well with it to give the summer feel. Nicely done. Thank you for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle for the Tic-tac-toe challenge.

Pattie G said...

WOW This is so nice! Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge…

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, love the bright colours and detail on your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin and I ♥ Promarkers this week. Good luck xx

Love crafts forever said...

Very beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Crafty Purple Frog.
Hugs Nataliya

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Another stunner! Well done!!!!!
I love the colour and of course your colouring in ;o)