Sunday 19 February 2012

Punches (not the boxing sort) LOL

Morning bloggers!
Am quite cheerful this morning despite the old neck and mid back giving me a bit of a reminder that things are not all that they should be!!
BUT - the sun is shining brightly here today - although cold I always think just seeing the gorgeous blue above you makes you feel good.
Have a couple of things almost completed - am doing projects in dribs and drabs rather than finishing one before starting another - consequently the desk is not the tidiest (again!).
Am trying to enter as many LIM challenges as I can and have a sneaky feeling that I may try and sumbit more than one this week as the challenge is for Dies and Punches. 

But here's the first one - the stamp is by Elusive Images and I inked it with Onyx Black versamark then added some holographic powder onto the silk art card. Was quite pleased with the finish this gave - made it sparkle a little in certain light but not overdone the blingy.(Will I get extra marks for that???? LOL)
I coloured it with promakers and then used a Nellie Snellen die to frame it. The piece that I cut it from I layered onto some pastel blue cardstock so that when I mounted the frame you could just see small parts of the backing colour coming through.
I used a Martha Stewart trellis punch for the edge and added a very thin piece of ribbon.
Quite pleased with this one!
No sentiment added as yet - can't decide on a 'Thinking of You' - then it could double as a sympathy card or Best Wishes - then it could be used as a 'get well'...............

Anyway, here's a little close up of the flowers as I've tried to show the sparkly... not sure if you can see or not!

Thanks for visiting me  - have a lovely day whatever you're doing and I hope the sun is shining where you are! x

33 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

A very pretty card and I love all your punching...sweet image too

Anne

Jayne said...

This is a beautiful design and lovely colour! Love Jayne. x

Teena (AKA Teens, TeeBee, Wee Hen, Mum) said...

Now that is a beautiful card that really embraces the challenge. Love it!

Monica said...

Like the CAS look, Viv and such a lovely colour combo... the image is elegant!
Wishing you sunny times,
Monica

Sasha said...

I love your combination of punches and dies, and your Image is coloured beautifully:)

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv, as always, you make the most beautiful cards. I love the image, and the colours are just perfect. Great use of dies and the border is beautiful too.
Love Sandra xxx

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful Viv! What a gorgeous colour!
Love that trellis punch too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

June Nelson said...

This is gorgeousness itself clever clogs xxxxx

Scrapmate said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours.

Lee said...

Stunning card.Hope you soon feeling better.xx

Unknown said...

oh wow this is stunning the pastel colours are superb..and yeah juney got it right you old clever cloggs you grand job there and yep it would be nice as either sentiment loves sassyxxx

coops said...

stunning card viv.your design is beautiful and gorgeous flowers :D

xx coops xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I like the colours and design.
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card and lovely colours. I love punch art :)
Jackie

Jan said...

So pretty Viv x

Sue said...

A beautiful card Viv. Sue.x

Anne said...

Lovely card. Gorgeous colour choice.
Anne x

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh Viv, that's absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've used the oval die & love the colours. Following you too, we'll have to wait & see now what happens with GFC & BR! x

Jenny said...

Hi Viv, such a beautiful card, the oval panel looks just stunning raised up to show the blue behind it and great punch work one down the side:0)
Jenny x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful and so elegant Viv.
luv
Debby

Petra said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte !
A beautiful card!
LG Petra

Anne said...

How clever to use the positive and negative of the die together, very classy card
Anne
x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card lovely colouring and design x

Jules said...

Hi Viv

I love the finished look of this very much.

Gorgeous colours and great use of your punches.

I hope that your neck and back are feeling much better today.

Love Jules xx

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Viv
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

G Peplow said...

Wonderful card, love the colour and flowers mmm nice!:0) Thanks for your help Viv, xxx

Viv said...

Oooh that's so pretty Viv :) Viv xx

Beryl K said...

Wow Viv, this is stunning
Beryl x

Vicky Hayes said...

I really like the fresh colours on this card Viv and the way the white scallop overlaps the trellis. Vicky x

Clare said...

Love the colours choosen, such a beautiful card.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I really love this card, Viv, so fresh and spring like. You are right in thinking it would fit in several different themes. Sparkly things are so hard to show in a photo, aren't they? I would be so pleased if I was the person receiving this card, so I am sure it will be well received no matter what the occasion. xx Maggie
PS Go and tidy every box out, find lots of things you had forgotten about and I will lay money on your mojo coming rushing back to play.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love how you framed the flowers!

Sandy said...

You make the prettiest cards - where have you been all my life!!
Sandy