Saturday 29 January 2011

Friendship

I was amazed to see it's a week since I posted anything - you may now be sorry as I try to catch up! lol.
I decided I needed to take part in some retail therapy this week - and bought myself a Grand Caliber. It's not been out of the box yet!!!!!!! I am though intending to play about today as we're having a weekend doing nothing!                                             So today's offering is a card made earlier this week using papers from the 'Lydia' collection by GCD studios.The pack has a mix of flocked, metallic and brights papers - the flocked ones are real 'touchy feely'!!Isn't this image by Mo Manning another good one? I really like the expression of happiness on the girl's face as she offers the flower to the bird. She's coloured with my usual promarkers and I distressed the edge of the image a little bit. (I'm considering buying a distressing tool from Sir Tim - need to speak to someone who has one to see if they're worth it!). I used these particular papers from the pad as the floral one reminded me of bright sunny day and I thought these flowers might attract the little humming birdie! I was a tad unsure about the colour combo but don't think it's turned out too bad.
A printed sentiment and a small humming bird charm with a bit of card candy finished the card.
Challenges -
Digis with Attitude - Use Digi People
Totally Gorjuss - As you Like It
2 Sisters - Girls just wanna have Fun

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Great card! Such a sweet image! Thanks for playing at Digi's With Attitude! this week!
Hope to see you again!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Viv. Beautiful card, lovely image and the papers are so gorgeous. Happy crafting.
With love, sandra xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

A lovely card and a cute image. You are so good with those promarkers.

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Sweet card! Love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude!

Jackie said...

Fab card Viv, lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

gorgeous card viv.the image is stunning and i love the pretty papers and colours :D

xx coops xx

Tammylee said...

Super cute card! I love all the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi's With Attitude!

Tammylee DT

Anonymous said...

Love this image. She's soooo cute! And what a beautiful coloring job! Gorgeous!

As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge. All are welcome!

juelmarie said...

oh my gosh - you did a marvelous job- thanks for entering it at Digi's With Attitude - love your work!

Juelmarie - DWA - DT

Lee said...

Love it.xx