Tuesday 21 December 2010

I tidied the desk of all the Christmas workings and put them neatly away. OH came in, looked round and asked me if we'd been burgled.........................

So after having neatness for a whole hour and a half I then got bored and out came a pile of paper and stamped images.

This image was one I did using Maureens stamps (as if I haven't got enough of my own......) - don't you find that other crafters always have fab stuff that you don't???? LOL Anyway, the poor image has been here since September so thought I'd better use it!
There was a colour challenge over at the Play Date Cafe of Black, White and a 'splash' of Yellow. Don't know whether this could be considered more than a splash but never mind! I think the stamp and sentiment is from a set called 'Elegant Ladies' and I love it. I opted not to colour the dress but just dotted the polka dots with a dark grey promarker and coloured her shoes, ribbon belt and hat band in yellow. I made an attempt at highlighting the egde of the image ( a first for me) and I am quite pleased with it as I think it gives it a little bit of 'depth'.

The spotty paper is by DCWV and the polka dot ribbon was the last yellow and white piece I had left- wasn't enough to tie a bow with either - hence the 'blingy' buckle.
Challenges -
Play Date Cafe - Black, White and a yellow splash
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
I Did It - Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T- Black,White and a touch of colour

13 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Viv. Very elegant and classy. Super card. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Michele Gross said...

Awesome! Love the sentiment, Love that sparkly buckle and Love how you used the colors to make such a gorgeous card!

Lavender Rose said...

Very elegant, love the touches of yellow, a great card.

Nicks said...

How is your Husband now?? High-pitched voice? walking funny??

Meggymay said...

Super card, that is one classy lady. xx

PetraB said...

I think the sentiment says it all! The card is simply elegant.

scrapperjulia said...

Simply Fabulous Card!

Unknown said...

So pretty and stylish card.
Thank you so much for having time to play with us at I did it creations challenge blog this week!
Happy holidays!

Jackie said...

Vert striking card Viv, and I think your 'splash' of yellow is just great :o)
Jackie xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Viv, very stylish and classy, i love that buckle, Thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge. Good luck
Kevin xx

Trimgym said...

Great Black, White and a Splash of Colour project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

Jo and Tigerlover.

furrypig said...

Thanks for joining us at IDIC this week and sharing your great creation. Sorry this is the same message I am leaving on all entries now as I am running out of time so close to Christmas! Merry Christmas.

Gurkiss said...

Wonderful card.

Thank you for joining us at IDIC.

Hugs Gurkiss



http://gurkiss.com/scrapbooking