Wednesday 2 June 2010

Another Card!

Had a few hours in the crafty space despite the glorious weather!
This card is just one for the stash - I might pop it into the 'Pink Box' or may use it myself as we have one or two men's birthdays looming at the Club!

The photo has a bit of an orangey tint to it - don't know why - the background is actually a dark red - but am sure you get the idea....

The image is a digi freebie called 'Light My Life' - I usually make a note of who offered the freebies so I can say thank you on here when I use one but am afraid I haven't kept where this one came from. I coloured it with Promarkers before layering onto dark red and blue cardstock. The striped paper was a present from Maureen and I again layered it onto blue cardstock before adding the 3 blue eyelets (supposed to look like portholes - LOL) and the plaited rope. The sentiment was printed out on the PC.
The card fits several challenges -
S2G - Create a card for a man using a masculine image
Crafts and Me - Distressed (no not me, the stripey paper! LOL)
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - One for the Boys
I Love Digi - For my Dad (and even though I don;t have a Dad if I did I'm sure I would send him a card like this!)

12 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

This is great Viv. I have friends who live in a lighthouse and it sure is home to them. Thanks for playing house with me this week Love Cynthia x

Ann English said...

Viv, this is lovely! Great job. Thank you for joining us for Twisted Thursday @ Shirleys2Girls.

Anne said...

Ooh what a lovely digi and your colouring of it is gorgeous Viv! Fab man card, thought you said you found them difficult, huh I think not!

Thanks for joining in at S2G
Anne
x

Chris said...

A gorgeous card and I love the image and your wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)

Netty said...

Love the digi lighthouse, some great touches in that picture. Smashing card Viv. Annette x

Gina Lindsay said...

Fantastic masculine card. The rope is just the perfect thing to go with this image. Thanks for joining at S2G this week!

Donna said...

This is such a fun card and perfect for the occasion! Thanks for joining in the fun at DU2DS :) Donna x

Maureen said...

Really love this one Viv (hint hint)

Poppy said...

love the card,great.
Thank you for joining us at I♥digi.
~♥~Poppy~♥~

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card! The image is a Tiddly Inks freebie :) Hope that helps! Love your coloring!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi! I hope to see you again soon!
Dee (Spryte)

crafty amy said...

This is beautiful and would be perfect for a mans birthday :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Vanja said...

Oh, a Lighthouse...I love them! :)Fabulous card!
Hugs, Vanja