Thursday 18 February 2010

Spring

Once our Valentine theme had finished over at Hugz from the Heart, I had to think up another challenge. The Hugz group is an additional group to my 2 main groups on Flickr and was designed to sporadically celebrate certain dates in the year. So with all the terrible weather both here and across the pond (where 50% of the members are from) I decided we needed to spread some sunshine amongst us and decided to mark the official first day of Spring on 21st March.

Everyone has to work from the same template but can interpret the theme onto the template any way they want using any medium they want.

I used the same technique that I'd done on my Butterfly Note Holder with the idea taken from Craft Stamper magazine. The flowers however were a bit more difficult to do as they were so much smaller than the butterfly, each flower measures just 3 inches across! The mountboard was sponged using Antique Linen distress ink to form a muted base colour. I then stamped the other images using Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. The saying is an Elusive Images stamp - 'Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of Spring?'. I attched the two flowers together using some bright orange cord. The main butterfly is attached using 3d pads and to finish the piece off I layered some flower s and used some bright orange fibres, a tag, a butterflycharm, heart button and flower charm all from my stash.

Challenge 43 at Gingersnap Creations is '3 colours I love'. This was a really difficult challenge for me as I love all colours and have no favourites for one more than the other. I like colours that blend well together and are pleasing to the eye so I hope the orange, yellow and green which remind me that warmer weather is on the way will be acceptable to the team at Gingersnap! Stamp Something's theme is Spring which is very apt for my flowers!

10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic piece!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Viv - My craft group will be working on a piece inspired by the craft stampe article in March too!

Arty'mrs said...

Well this is just so spring,the colours flowers and butterflies
Lovely
Carole xx

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is a beautiful piece, and Ilove the colors you chose... like a daffodil!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Such a gorgeous project!! Love the pretty Spring colors and images!! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something this week! HUGs

Anne said...

This is so very pretty and spring-like, if only the weather would follow suit

Malissa said...

I really love this! I also love that you were able to satisfy 2 challenges with one piece! How effiecient AND creative are you?!

Iowa Sunshine said...

This is SO gorgeous!! Wish it were on the way to my house. =-) You are so talented! Yellow is my favorite color. HUGS

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, Viv. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

PetraB said...

Congratulations for being a Ginger Gem! This is really wonderful, Petra.xx