Wednesday 2 December 2009

Winter Wonderland


Another beer can! Basics are the same as the Winter Birds further down in this blog - a beer can ungrudgingly donated by the Other Half, the frame is the same Cuttlebug embossing folder. Wanting to create a 'cold' feel this time I used 'Sail Boat Blue' and 'Stream' alcohol inks with a silver mixative.

I mixed two different sets of beading along the bottom to try and represent varying shades of icicles. The snowmen image was printed onto canvas type card for texture. The greeting was in a pack of Christmas buttons and the pearly snowflake is from my stash with some fluffy snowy white fibres wrapped round it. I used the same fibres to make the hangers.

I have submitted this to Gingersnap Creation's, whose December challenge is 'Winter Wonderland' and also a very late entry into Theme Thursday's theme of 'Christmas Holiday Creations'.

18 comments:

K said...

gorgeous creation!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Viv, as is your earlier beer can creation! xx

Maureen said...

Really lovely, the colours go so well.

Judy said...

I do love the way you are able to put your own creative mark on things and to use materials differently to other people. Lovely work.

peggy gatto said...

So icy and cold , a lovely piece!

Laura said...

A truly wonderful piece of work. Loving the swirl around the image. I just love my Cuttlebug too. The beads and everything just fantastic. Well done.

Anne said...

Hee, hee glad your OH is keeping up his beer consumption. Thanks for the hint about tomato puree, I'll give that a go after we've had pasta at the weekend LOL!
This is another lovely creation Viv, I do like seeing what you're up to, it's always something a bit different

Helen said...

This is a great piece! and I read you're an LFC fanatic too!

Anonymous said...

A total beauty! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Winter Wonderland Challenge!

June Nelson said...

Honestly Vivvy what you can do with a beer can.................your poor hubby gonna be an alcholic timeyour finisheed pmsl. This is so beautiful darl xxxxx

DF - Heidi said...

totally yummie - abd hubby gets the benefit as well how cool is that

LivArtNow said...

What a beautiful creation!! love what you're doing with the cans :)

Linda

Jan said...

Beautiful Viv. I love the colours and it looks so magical and Christmassy.

Lori Saul said...

What a beautiful holiday creation made from such a unique medium- creative and so expressive!

Debby said...

Stunning!

Flippinpest said...

I love the work you are doing with the beer cans Viv (as I am sure that your DH does too!)
Beautiful!

Iowa Sunshine said...

Simply lovely! Your creations are so beautiful they bring tears to my eyes. Your very good. Thanks for sharing. HUGS

Ali Manning said...

Congratulations on being a Ginger Gem on Gingersnap Creations this week!