Monday 28 December 2009

Spring Butterfly?


I can now post this pic of the note holder I made for a present. I made two of these, in slightly different colours for crafting friends and I confess to shamelessly copying the idea from Craft Stamper magazine.(But the recipients seem not to have minded - lol)

The large butterfly was from a template I had saved on the PC (no idea where it came from- LOL). I cut it out in mountboard then used Distress inks to colour the background before stamping the butterflies and swirls.

The note holder is just secured with a small bulldog clip.

Doing these kept me busy in the early part of December and I enjoyed making them as they reminded me of Spring somehow.....

So Christmas is now over and 2010 is almost here. I recieved some fab presents from fellow crafters and I shall cherish each and every one - I know some real talented people!! We spent a quiet Christmas at home, the peace only broken by my squealing on opening an envelope from my darling husband which contained an extremely large sum of money gift voucher to be spent at Paperartsy!

Hope your festive season was all you wished for too!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

It looks really good and I know was appreciated. Haven't you spent that money yet???

Sherry said...

I thought I'd seen it somewhere before! It's gorgeous.

Lucky you - Paperartsy, that must be burning a hole in your pocket!

Happy New Year to you Viv x

Anne said...

Beautiful idea Viv. So are the shelves bare at Paperartsy yet? :p)

Happy New Year!

Lynn said...

Sounds like the perfect present, money to spend at your favorite art shop :)
Love your little note holders too, great idea.