Wednesday 29 July 2009

Queen of the Silver Screen


With goodies on offer as a prize from The Craft Barn, I had to put an entry into this week's Tuesday Taggers challenge! The prizewinner is picked at random so everyone has a real good chance of winning.

This week's challenge was to make a wall hanging. I made one of these some time back (here on my blog) and gave it to a friend who is always encouraging me to try out something new.

This time I decided to try and move away from my 'comfort zone' and tried to make something in a vibrant colour. I am always leaning towards neutral or pastels so the puple and splashes of pink was something of a change!

The image was stamped onto some purple glitter paper. I have taken so many photographs to try and show what the colour is really like all without much success! Here where the image shows gold flecks they are, in fact silver speckles!! You will have to trust me when I tell you this looks so much better in real life than it does on the screen.....The star backing paper is a pale purple colour and the tickets etc are in co ordinating shades of purple and pink. The filmstrip was printed onto an inkjet transparency and I stamped the 'star' word onto the same purple glitter paper and stuck it behind the filmstrip. Lilac sequins, some beads and coloured stars finished the piece and I finally added some purple and silver fibres to hang it with. The whole thing measures just 4" square.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

It's good Viv, and your first wall hanging lives happily in my hallway! Not joining in this week as in middle of clear up - can't even see my desk.

Unknown said...

Brilliant Viv - love the ticket touch too! This stamp is sooo versatile. Great to see you out of your comfort zone with colour they look great :0) thanks for joining in at TT this week x Janet

Anne Jagger said...

Lovely Viv. Like the colour and the stamp you've used.

Anne said...

This is lovely Viv! The flecks look silver to me...

Beautiful, love your colours

Jan said...

This is lovely Viv - Good Luck!!

Pattie said...

Beautiful Viv,my favorite colour purple,really lovely arty piece

Unknown said...

lovely Viv. thanks for joining us on TT's this week. Emma xx