Friday 17 July 2009

Pink and Black


I made this ATC a couple of days ago for no other reason other than the bits and pieces were laying about on the desk and I had a mad fit of 'tidy up'!!!

The pink background paper is embossed with a black velvety texture (like vintage flocked wallpaper) and I am going to submit this into the 'Tuesday Tagger's' challenge as their theme is 'texture'.

The pink and black paper flowers were from my stash and the fibres and black lace were just little loose bits at the bottom of the drawer so instead of throwing them away I used them up!

I threaded some black and pink beads onto some wire and used the 'mask' bead as a centrepiece.

I was a bit bothered that the whole thing was a bit too startling but couldn't decide what to use to 'tone it down'!! I left it laid on the desk for a couple of days and it's actually growing on me a bit so have posted it!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Really like this atc Viv - bright and bold but still with a hint of class. Thanks for joining us at TT this week x

Deby said...

This certainly speaks volumes! Love the bold colors!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally cool the colors are awsome!

barbara (AKA Bee) said...

Really theatrical, I love the little metal mask and a great use of colour.

Pattie said...

WOW Viv it caught my eye as i was browsing my dashboard,BEAUTIFUL !!
I love that face bead,cant beat black and pink for making a statement lol,LOVE it

Pattie
xxxxx

Anne said...

Wow this is fun! Lots to look at and find more and more detail

Michelle said...

Glad you did Viv, love it, great colours and quite arty definately not tarty!!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week
x Michelle

nancy said...

I love this one!

Sonya said...

This is fabulous! I just keep looking at it...i can't seem to move on to the next page! You are so creative and do such beautiful work.