Friday 3 April 2009

The Golden Egg


This weeks 'Mamma' challenge was an ATC sized egg!
For the front I used embossed gold paper and ran some organza ribbon around the entire egg. I added some sparkly ribbon looped into a flower shape, secured with a shiny gold brad and some gold and pearl beads on gold wire. The sparkly ribbon has string threaded through it so I used the string to 'tie' the egg closed.

Inside I used gold embossed paper again, two printed images from my stash, some red/gold lace and red gems...

The opened out egg needs enlarging to view properly!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

gosh this is eggstrodinary........love it ..why you not coming to me blog and say hello hopes you ant fell owt wiv me ...love eyr as always sassyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

June Nelson said...

This is gorgeous Vivvy you are ever so clever, where did you start with that, have a great weekend huggies juney xx

kareN stampZ said...

that is just amazing

June said...

How gorgeous Viv !!! Love this idea and especially how you constructed it and used the beautiful red and gold theme. GORGEOUS
Hugs June xxx

Anne said...

Another astonishing piece, enlarged it and just drooled at your work on this - lovely

Heather said...

Your egg is wonderful and I love the way it opens up.

Maureen said...

A real good egg Viv!!

Sherry said...

It looks lovely Viv - I hope you'll like my one in exchange.

Claireabelle said...

This is fabulous Viv, a great piece
xx

Leslie said...

Viv, wow, your egg is gorgeous. Even Willy Wonka would have wanted one of these golden eggs!! LOL!
Have I told you that every time I visit your blog I get a giggle from that cute baby with the boobie shirt on? She makes me smile everytime I see her. Now I do come to see your incredible creations but I must admit, I do love coming here to see her too.
Have a great week, Leslie