Sunday 5 April 2009

Dreams


Maggies challenge this week was to make an ATC using this beautiful image of a young girl.

As soon as I saw it I thought about how innocent childhood is and it just seemed so apt to make a 'thoughtful' ATC with it. Children have such wonderful imaginations and because they are so untroubled by all the humdrum of daily life can allow their thoughts to raom free.

I used a background from the Flickr collage pool - I don't normally use the colour green a lot so this is a bit of a change for me.

After adding the image this quote from W.B.Yeats came into my mind -

'I have spread my dreams beneath your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams'

and it seemed to capture everything about the expression on the child's face and the thoughts behind her trusting eyes.

To complete the ATC I added some vintage lace, a silk flower and 'cobwebby' fibres in an attempt to carry on the 'Dreams' theme throughout.

I have also entered this into the challenge on Saturday Suprise this week as the theme is 'Childhood'.

I hope this child, whoever she was, achieved her dreams.

12 comments:

Hanna said...

This is wonderful. :) And very pretty sensitive card!

Chriss Rollins said...

love the vintage lace Viv and amazing for that you altered.

hope that you have had a good weekend.

chriss x

Sherry said...

Beautiful interpretation Viv.

Deby said...

Another beauty! I am so in awe of your work! So amazing...

Nan said...

beautiful colors and I love the sentiment....very pretty

Claireabelle said...

lovely piece
x

Anne said...

One of my favourite quotes, great interpretation of it too :)

Heather Robinson said...

This is beautiful in every way. I love the ethereal look that you've created around the little girl and the quotation that came to mind suits the piece so wonderfully. Thank you so much for participating this week.

Maureen said...

It's lovely Viv!

Lynn said...

So soft and dreamy Viv, and that's great you went with a color you don't use much. Just love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always, Viv! I love it!
Hugs, Vanja

Saskia said...

Lovely work!! You are so creative!!

Greetings,
Saskia