Saturday 31 January 2009

Engagement


I haven't made any cards for a while but one of my friends asked me to make an engagement card. After concentrating on other things recently, it's suprising how out of the habit of working on a larger project you can get.

Anyway, I was asked to incorporate some kind of envelope on the card so that the present (gift vouchers) could fit inside.

This is what I came up with. The paper is from 'The Luxury Stack' which is quite heavy weight cardstock so was perfect for folding into a holder and also for the pocket to house the holder in. It has a lovely pearlised finish which makes it perfect for weddings, christenings etc.
I decided against making a proper envelope as I felt the paper was too thick so instead stuck with the idea of a tag attached to a holder which can be easily removed by simply sliding out.

I used some vintage edging to highlight the edge of the card and the trifold pocket. I rubbed some 'Antique Lace' Distress Ink over the fabric heart to give it a vintage look and added the same vintage edging, then attached it to the card with a gold heart shaped brad.

I am not a great lover of 'peel-off's' but feel that sometimes they're the best option on cards - I could have stamped the little hearts and the initials of the recipients but as I made a promise to use up some of my old stash I used the peel off's instead!!

6 comments:

Janet said...

very pretty card!!

Maureen said...

It's beautiful Viv!

Debby said...

This is gorgeous Viv!

Heather said...

How pretty is this - what a wonderful way to use double sided paper.
hugs Heather xx

Jan said...

These is really beautiful Viv x

MARGARET FIELD said...

a truly beautiful card Viv