Wednesday 15 October 2008

Vintage Tags


Maggies challenge this week was the theme of Vintage Tags. Time has been at a bit of a premium so although I love vintage, I had to make these in a hurry. Suppose it's a bit early for a remembrance one, but then really rememberance should be done all year round not just on one day. The ATC sized tag is a vintage paper collage , with a skeleton leaf, a photo of a soldier and a made vellum envelope. The poem 'Flanders Fields' always brings tears to my eyes, and after making the vellum envelope I popped in a copy of it. The paper poppy is secured with a black brad.


The other tag is again a paper collage, added a few bits of lace,ribbon and a little crocheted flower secured with a pearl brad. Isn't her hat very grand?!!!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Viv both of these tags are beautiful, one rather romantic, the other nostalgic, poignant and important. You're so right. It's never too early for Remembrance Day. ♥

Anonymous said...

Viv, these tags are very beautiful!

n8tvtexan said...

Oh I love your tags! I have a special place in my heart for collage and all things romantic. :)

Chriss Rollins said...

your vintage tags are lovely thank you for sharing them.
chriss x

WendyK said...

Lovely tags Viv