Saturday 16 August 2008

Perfect Pink!

Yesterday was my Pink Day at the Club to raise money for Breast Cancer Campaign. Graham has made a movie from the pics taken on the day, and it can be viewed here
38 ladies from the County came along and the weather was really kind to us! The game started in lovely sunshine and no one got wet! Everyone wore something pink -some more than others as you can see from Freda's photo above right! We all just loved her pink furry slippers with the pink toenails! But the best news was I raised £289 on the day which makes my current total £480 and we still have two events left. I am so pleased! We are the smallest Bowling County in England and everyone has overwhelmed me with their enthusiasm and their generosity. We had a scrummy tea afterwards, scones and jam and cream, loads of cakes with pink icing and pink marshmallows (all of which had been made and donated by my friends Josie, Eleanor, Pat and Margaret). The other picture is me (I'm the one with the pink hair!) with my good friend and bowling partner Sue and the one below is of every lady who came to the event. I have to thank my wonderful husband too who made sure the day ran well and blew up all the balloons we had tied at the end of the green! (And no doubt consumed some of the jam and cream scones!!)

4 comments:

Jan said...

Viv - I am SO pleased for you. Maureen had already told me this morning what a successful day you'd had. What a lovely lot of smiley 'pink' ladies! Congratulations for all your hard work and for all the money you've raised. A glass of champagne is in order maybe?!

Viv said...

Have to be PINK Champagne though Jan!!!!!

Maureen said...

Lovely photo's Viv, you did so well !

artisbliss said...

Wow, great job! I love the all-pink group photo.